43 Facts About Me
I don’t want to make this website about me, because, well, it’s about you.
I want you to have your own website. I want you to be able to make your own blog. I want to save you thousands of dollars, give you confidence in your technological skills and give you a marketable skill in WordPress.
Occasionally, though, I get asked about me. So I thought I’d bare my soul a little and throw out 43 facts about myself–some boring, some interesting, some crazy, and some personal.
Why 43? I’ve lived 43 years on this earth, that’s why. Maybe when I’m 44 I’ll add another interesting fact. We’ll see. OK. Here goes.
- I’m married (18 years) to an amazing wife and mother.
- I’m the first one in my family (that I know of) to obtain a Master’s degree.
- Papa Murphy’s thick crust pepperoni pizza is my favorite food.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Umpqua is my favorite dessert (with Hershey’s syrup and whipped cream). On the other hand, I’ve been craving the Mud Pie Mojo dessert from Cold Stone.
- I work with kids with behavior problems. They’re some of the best people in the world.
- I did a back-flip off a cliff into the water and hit my head on a rock (don’t say it).
- All four of us (in my immediate family) have A or E names.
- I broke a windshield with my head while driving my Dodge Omni.
- I broke another windshield with my head after sliding into a guard rail. No wonder I have mood swings.
- Our Datsun B-210 flipped five or six times after getting rear-ended at 65 miles per hour. We both lived.
- I had a gun pulled on me in downtown Portland.
- I was married for ten years before having my first baby.
- My best friend died on December 5, 2014. I miss him every day.
- I play guitar in church. Well, I did anyway. I’m a bit out of practice now. I need to find time for it again.
- I collect shells and rocks. They’re all over my house.
- I am addicted to my iPhone. (currently 6 Plus). I can’t wait for the next iteration.
- I have a YouTube channel. It’s pretty boring.
- Grilling salmon is a specialty of mine. And yes, I have a better grill now.
- I make killer tacos. Don’t knock ’em until you’ve tried ’em.
- Making the world’s best chocolate chip cookies is another specialty of mine. THE BEST.
- I like to win. It’s almost a problem.
- I wear my emotions on my sleeve.
- I’ve been a Seahawks fan for over 30 years. No bandwagons for me.
- I have played basketball every week for the last 15 years, except for the last 8 weeks. My knee seems to have gone out on me. MRI this Friday.
- I drive a beat-up (but paid for) 1992 Nissan pickup. Still.
- We haven’t paid interest in 15 years of marriage. I like to save my money.
- I have two cats – Moppet and Mittens. Moppet loves attention. Mittens eats all the bugs.
- I had my own boat when I was 14.
- I play piano. I want to get better but it takes practice. And time.
- I was addicted to alcohol. But I have it mostly under control now.
- I lost my faith in God.
- I recovered my faith in God.
- I love WordPress. I spend way too much time on it.
- I like to garden. Bamboo is probably my favorite plant. I have a bunch of varieties in my back yard.
- I make money on the Internet. Affiliate sales.
- I’m addicted to sugary food. I need to go on another sugar fast.
- Speaking of sugar fasts, I once went for an entire year without sugar (candy, desserts, junk food, etc.).
- I quit college after one year and spent the next five years searching.
- I worry about getting old. More all the time.
- Taking photos is a hobby of mine.
- I hope I won’t have to punch a clock forever. But money’s not everything.
- I want to have a six-pack before I die (and now that I’m 43 with a bum knee, I don’t really see it happening–but it could).
- I’m teaching my first WordPress class this coming Thursday (May 12). And I’m nervous.